Bad Little Trail Run
Bad Little Trail Run Countdown To Race Day
Save the Date – 2nd Annual Bad Little Trail Run
October 21, 2018
This 2nd Annual event offers 2 race distances (7 mile & 2.5 mile loops). Both races start and end in Whitneyville/Machias, followed by post-race food, celebration and awards ceremony at the Whitneyville Hillgrove Community Hall.
Online registration is open. See below for details!
New for 2018 – The Bad Little Trail Run is part of the inaugural Downeast Conservation Trail Race Series!
Downeast Conservation Trail Race Series
Six trail races from August 11 to November 11
A coalition of six Downeast conservation organizations is proud to announce the 1st Annual Downeast Conservation Trail Race Series. Hosted by local organizations working to preserve Downeast Maine’s natural environment, these unique races take place on community supported nature and wildlife preserves across Downeast Maine from Orland to Baring.
- August 11 – Baxter Outdoors and Downeast Lakes Land Trust co-host the Downeast Lakes 5-Miler. A 5.1-mile loop, this race starts at 10:00 AM on a remote, motorized vehicle trail, and returns on a single-track hiking trail that winds along the western shore of West Grand Lake.
- September 9 – Blue Hill Heritage Trust hosts a 5k race and a 10k race at their Surry Forest Preserve in Surry. The races begin at 11:00 AM and cover gravel road.
- October 21 – Downeast Coastal Conservancy hosts a 2.5-mile run and a 7-mile run at their Machias River Preserve in Machias. The races begin at 10:00 AM and cover mostly single track trail with stretches along the river.
- October 28 – Great Pond Mountain Conservation Trust hosts a 2-mile fun run and a 6.1-mile challenge run at their Wildlands Preserve in Orland. The races begin at 11:00 AM and cover dirt road and single track trail.
- November 4 – Frenchman Bay Conservancy hosts a 4-mile run and an 8-mile run at their Baker Hill and Long Ledges Preserves and Schoodic Connector Trail in Sullivan. The races begin at 11:00 AM at Sumner Memorial High School and cover single track trail and paved road.
- November 11 – Friends of Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge hosts the Moosehorn Ghost Run, a 13.1-mile half-marathon at Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge in Baring. Individuals or relay teams of 2 or 3 can participate in the race that begins at 9:00 AM at the Moosehorn Refuge Headquarters and covers car-free wildlife refuge dirt roads.
Runners can pre-register for all races at www.downeastconservationraces.org or by contacting hosting organizations. Prizes will be awarded based on age-based placement, participation, and volunteer work.